Since retiring, I have taken a serious interest in writing online. I now live in Metro Manila, Philippines.
I am a retired Design and Technology Teacher, having spent most of my career working in London.
I also have a serious interest in music and art.
I regularly blog in the Guardian Newspaper web site. I have had one letter published and have had seven pieces recommended as havig added to the original content of each article.
I have also written bio details and a leaflet for an art exhibition here in Manila.
I also have a qualification in Health and Safety. As a teacher I have written Risk Assessments and Health and Safety Policies for school departments in the UK.
As I am new to this profession I would consider writing in any suitable field..
I have loaded the following pages to give an idea of the range of styles I can write in.
A poster and description of an art exhibition I was part of in March 9th 2013, called MXIII.
I designed the poster, and I wrote each artist's statement based on the biographical notes that were sent to me.
Articles Published in the Guardian
I have had a letter published under "Guardian Professionals".
Lessons from Typhoon Haiyan
A reader in the Philippines shares his thoughts on what we can learn from the response to the Typhoon.
I blog under the name of "ivyemaye" in the Guardian Newspaper.
I have included four "picked" comments. These are comments that "add" to the original article
- (Super Typhoon) Haiyan:- harbinger of things to come.
- Climate Change could leave another 50 million people facing hunger by 2050
- Sexy and Social: Why Manila is the selfiest city in the world.
- Every family has first world war memories these are mine.
- After Typhoon Haiyan, Cebu's struggle to survive.
- Typhoon Haiyan won't keep us Filipinos down for long
- Being online aged 90 made my old age less lonely. Others aren't so lucky
I have also set up and designed this web site.